Opening

On Sept 10, 2016 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A New Experience

Being 17 in a group of adults is often intimidating, and at first I was scared of being the odd man out for my age, but in all honesty, I have never felt so close to a group. Every single being in the group has a genuine faith and mindset that has affected me already in the 4 days of this journey. Being an atheist a little over a year ago, this trip was a leap out of my comfort zone, but God pushed me to take the leap. I am so thankful that He told me it was time to move - my faith has never been stronger, thanks to this group, my mother, and the man upstairs.
In the 3 days of doing the clinic and after school program, I have been in numerous situations where I was unaware that God was preparing to give me a wake up call. For instance, the first day, we visited a school. I just so happened to pass a boy who reminded me of my brother. Seeing the poverty they live in, I instantly thought "Wow, that boy could be my brother. It could be me, even." and I can't begin to explain the gratitude I felt. Although my friends and I call Monroe High School prison and talk negatively about how poor the structure is, I will never be able to compare it to the schools in Moldova. I never realized how great I have it, going to a school where it's air conditioned and the lunches are most times better than what the kids here eat. What a wake up call, right?
This trip is now half over, sadly, but I know that I have impacted numerous lives. I have made a few friends who I can keep in contact with, and better yet, they believe in God as well. Over the next few days, my goal is to continue to see the lessons I'm supposed to learn here, and also to ensure the people I come across feel the love I have in my heart for not only them, but our creator.

5 comments:

  1. Aleah, you're such a beautiful young lady who has a heart of gold. I am thankful to be able serve with you. I am in awe when I see your drive and determination. God has planted such a passion in your heart. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said babygirl! We love you and can't wait for you to come home and tell stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aleah, I see you are being blessed serving those who are less fortunate! I will continue to pray for you and am so happy that you were called by God to do his work completely out of your comfort zone! Love you and may God continue to Bless you! Safe trip back to us! Live, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aleah, I see you are being blessed serving those who are less fortunate! I will continue to pray for you and am so happy that you were called by God to do his work completely out of your comfort zone! Love you and may God continue to Bless you! Safe trip back to us! Live, Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete