Opening

On Sept 10, 2016 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Being on Mission for God

What does it mean to be on mission for and with God? Wow, that can be so many things all at the same time. For me personally it means knowing it's ok to say yes to God while still be a little bit (and sometimes a lot) scared / anxious. 
This morning there was a plan, our plan - Medical Clinic begins Tuesday.  Monday, arrive in Balti and there 3 ladies waiting inside to be seen. What, how, why? What - people, How -walked, Why - they heard. New question - When? When - now - ? now ? - now! Ok God, no problem it's one of things we came to do here in Moldova. God asks us to be flexible. Yes that is like a Red Rule when being a mission with God. Some 42 patients later we closed the clinic for the day. The other Red Rule for me is loving people.  It's taking time to listen, look in the eyes of people, holding a hand, praying for people. Yes, there are the tasks that need to be done such as taking a blood pressure and pulse, but these tasks don't give joy but loving people does. Praying for people and it bringing tears to their eyes - that is love and shows there is hope. I believe God can, I believe God will, Even if God doesn't, I still believe. Let me not only continue to engrave this belief in my heart, but my prayer this week lis that my actions and words do the same to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment