Opening

On Sept 10, 2016 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Well I still can't believe that I am back, here in Moldova for the second time. The first time here, I was confronted with so many deep seeded fears and issues that I honestly never thought I could come back. I didn't think I would have the strength. After these 2 years though, I could not be more thankful for this trip as well as the first one. 
My first trip, although difficult, changed my life. It forced me to see a part of myself that I had no desire to unlock but that is what going on mission does. It forces you to give it all up. Through the good, bad, and ugly, you have to completely surrender to God otherwise you will be grasping at air. You have no real control over your situation so you are forced to have faith in not only God, but yourself. I suppose I needed to come on this journey a second time to really realize how much I've grown and for that I am forever thankful to Moldova, Oleg and his amazing team, our wonderful church back home and our friends and families praying for us, as well as my fellow team members for being apart of my transformation. We are truly blessed!
I'm not really here for myself though. My desire for coming on these trips has always been to help others but it truly has changed and helped  me just as much if not more than these precious people of Moldova. The need here is great but their gratitude for what little we can give them is so inspiring. A hundred stories are running though my head but maybe I will share some tomorrow. For now, please pray for and remember Moldova. The people feel forgotten, and abandoned and I do understand why. Pray for their hearts to open up to Christ and for him to fill every void in their soul. The need may be great but our God is greater still! 

No comments:

Post a Comment